Fonatur presents Loreto Fest 2015
Join us for a NEW Loreto Fest. Outside food venders, bay clean up, swap meet, cruiser jam sessions (bring your instruments), arts and crafts (show off your wares) or organize and sign up for a game. Rifle through your recipe books and come up with a great dish to share for our nightly pot lucks. Sorry, no volunteers needed, No live band, no pasta dinner, or pancake breakfast! Just fun for everyone. Membership is $100 pesos. We have downsized and refocused our objectives to be more cruiser friendly. Spread the word, and join us in making new friends and renewing old acquaintances. Remember, we are all here because we are not all there!
Marinas/Moorings/Anchorage and Slips:
- Marina Fonatur Moorings and PEMEX fuel dock.
- API BCS (Ellipse and Waiting Room) Anchoring System
- Slips-Marina Puerto Escondido (behind the boatyard). 25 slips. Half 40 feet and the other half 33 feet. One large, but currently that one is occupied. Overhang up to 4 feet, at the back of the slip, is OK. Contact Javier email: marina
@marinapuertoescondido.com for more information. A great hidey hole for hurricane season!
- Marina Fonatur Parking lot- For fully contained RVs. No hookups. Contact Marina Fonatur for information.
- Tripui RV Park- 2 kilometers from the port. NEW Full service hookups. Contact information to follow.
- Tripui Resort-2 kilometers from port. A Restaurant, hotel and pool. Contact Annabelle for more information email: email@example.com
- Tripui Resort-2 kilometers from port. A Restaurant, hotel and pool. Loreto Fest 2015 Specials. Contact Annabelle for more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org $$$ 100-300 pesos a person, not including drinks.
- Marina Fonatur-second floor. Run by the same owner as the Tripui Resort restaurant. Upscale $$$$ 200-400 pesos a person, not including drinks.
- Loreto Bay-several restaurants. $$$ to $$$$
- Loreto-many restaurants $$-$$$$.
- Carole’s Mini Mart-Marina Fonatur, first floor.
- Loreto Fest Swap Meet and Farmer’s Market-Saturday May 2nd. Fresh veggies and seafood.
- Luigi Super Mini Mart- 5 miles south of the port on Hwy 1.
- Loreto-26 kilometers north of the port. Full service stores and markets. Leys, Pescadore, Juarez Market and Bartillios.
Loreto Fest has a new face, it is less complicated and more focused on the cruising community. So, no live bands, no dancing girls and no spaghetti dinner or pancake breakfast. Our volunteers are exhausted from last year! So, if you play an instrument, or sing, a sound system will be made available to you. Do you make jewelry, paint, or other arts and crafts? Bring them along and share them with us. There is a vast circle of knowledge out there, share yours with us and sign up for a lecture. We will supply the tents, tables and chairs you supply the talent. Sign up chalk boards will be setup at several tent locations.
Also, each night will will have a pot-luck dinner! Search through your recipe books and bring enough to share with 10-15 of your best friends and some of your new friends. Pot-lucks will be held at 5 pm in the food tent. Breakfast and lunch will be provided by outside vendors. They will include hamburgers, hot dogs, tacos, sushi, kettle popcorn, empanadas, burritos and tamales. Beverages will be provided by Carole’s Mini mart (beer, wine, sodas and water-sorry no mixed drinks (liquor license restriction) If you want mixed drinks, we don’t mind if you BYOB. Carole’s sells Vodka, Rum..etc by the bottle, but no open container sales).
Need any additional information? Please check back here often, we will provide information up to the date of the festival.